Shugatori Dessert Cafe @ Damansara Uptown

10:01

A new dessert cafe in town! My sister showed me a website about this new cafe and I am in love with their desserts and the way they plate it! All the desserts are very stunning. After I saw the website, I told myself I must pay a visit to this cafe. My sister went to this cafe before and she told me that all the workers are buff guys hahaha. This cafe opened about two weeks ago. I went to this cafe with my friend and I told her we must order two desserts to try.





My friend and I reached here around 2pm and the shop is closed. I checked their instagram and it said opens at 12pm (Now they changed their opening hours to 2pm). Then, there was a worker came out of the cafe and I asked him why it is not opened yet. He told us that there was no electricity just now and will open in 15 minutes.


Once the cafe opened, four tables were already occupied! That was really fast. It seems like their desserts attracted many customers. After a while, all the tables were fully occupied.



People started queuing up to order their beautiful and extraordinary desserts. They have good service and friendly staffs! I really like their interior design because you will feel comfortable and make you wanna stay here for longer time. The cafe are mainly white in colour and good for pictures.



This cafe serves three types of desserts which are honey toast, waffle and pancake. There are many flavors you can choose from. They also serve coffee, tea and even mojito. Their desserts are more to the pricey side which is from RM17 onward. Their dessert can go up to RM28. They are famous for "Ying Yang" waffle and toast. My friend and I ordered waffle and toast and not pancakes because we felt that their pancakes were not worth it.



"Ying Yang" Belgian Waffle (RM21.90) - Combination of charcoal and classic waffle topped with fresh mango and strawberry compote, roasted almond nib, meringue crisps and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This waffle is soft and fluffy and I liked it. I preferred the classic waffle more than the charcoal waffle but both texture were good. The meringue crisps were sweet but I did not complain because meringue is made from egg white and lots of sugar. Overall this is a delicious dessert and I really enjoyed it!



Ryokucha (RM23.90) - Charcoal toast garnished with Azuki Red Bean and Matcha light cream, strawberry pieces, blueberries, marshmallow, a scoop of matcha ice cream and silky smooth matcha drizzling sauce. The menu said it should have meringue crisps but I did not get it and had marshmallow instead. When I heard all these combination of components, it sounds so delicious. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with the matcha ice cream. The ice cream did not taste like matcha at all and I can't describe what taste it was. The toast was soft and buttery. I really liked the Azuki Red Bean and Matcha light cream! Personally, I feel that this dessert can be a little cheaper and they should work on the matcha ice cream.


I am always happy when I see desserts! Anyways, it was a great experience trying out their desserts and there's still room for improvements. 

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.


Location:
Shugatori Dessert Cafe Damansara Uptown
No. 95G, Ground Floor, Jalan SS21/1A, 
Damansara Utama, 47400, 
Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
(Same row as Softsrve and The Good Batch)

Contact: +60377322588
Opening hours: Tuesday-Thursday (2pm-11:30pm)
                       Friday-Saturday (12pm-12am)
                       Sunday (12pm-11:30pm)
                       Monday (closed)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram