Pulp by Papa Palheta @ Bangsar

15:57

My sister and I decided to have breakfast in a cafe last week because it was her off day. Both of us woke up early and planned to eat breakfast in Bangsar. My sister wanted to go Breakfast Thieves but it was closed so we went to Pulp instead. There was water disruption happening at that area. I tried Breakfast Thieves before and I wanted to try Pulp long time ago.  I am excited and I didn't have breakfast like these long time already. We also haven't go cafe together for long time already because she was busy with her work.



Many people had taken pictures with the Instagram worthy background which was the front door and the hanging lamp. They are many hipster and minimal backgrounds all around the cafe that you can take pictures with. I can see two groups of people having photoshoot at that area.


This cafe operates for many years already and it was still very crowded. I heard many good reviews about this cafe so I am not surprised with the crowd. It was full house when we reached this cafe. We had to wait a while for the table. The staff was really friendly and cheerful to us. I can see a few people came here to do work and enjoying a cup of coffee.


The moment when we stepped into the cafe, we can smelled the coffee and it smelled really good! I heard that they provide training for cupping session and organise workshops. I did not know much about coffee so some equipment looked strange to me.


They sell their own merchandise such as t-shirt and tote bags. I really liked how they designed their interior and exterior of the cafe. They had many big windows for the lights to shine into the cafe. Everyone are allowed to take water which is free.


If you don't know much about coffee, you can come here to know more about it! You can buy espresso blends, coffee beans, drinking chocolate and more. You can take a whiff of the coffee beans too. Feel free to ask the staffs for more information.


They have many types of coffee you can choose from such as hand brews, cold brews and more. They only provide regular fresh milk and not low-fat milk. I really liked the environment and ambiance here. It made you feel very comfortable. I don't mind doing work and enjoying a cup of coffee or even chatting with my friends here.


Pulp serves pastries and cakes too! They are a wide range of variety for you to choose from. They have scones, waffles, croissant, carrot cake, brownies, tart and more.


This is their new menu currently. Their food price range is from RM20 onwards. You can add on ingredients for the dishes you ordered too. I wished they have more food choices. Other than coffee and hand brews, they serve teas, chocolate and fruit juice.

Cappuccino (RM12) - This cafe was very professional and serious about coffee. How can coffee get any worse? This cappuccino was really good and rich! The aroma was really nice and it had high acidity. It also had a bright flavor. You guys must try their coffee when you visit this cafe!


Mini Scones (RM7 for two) - There were raisins in these mini scones and the price is reasonable for such delicious scones. A cube of butter and strawberry jam will be given if you ordered these scones. My sister loved the scones very much as she doesn't like buttery scones. However, for me, I felt that the scones were not buttery enough. Different people will have different preferences i guess. Overall, the scones was light, moist and it won't stuck to your teeth.


Croque Monsieur (RM26) - Brioche, turkey ham, bechamel sauce, cheese served with mesclun salad and balsamic vinegar. If you are a cheese lover like me, you will love this dish! Every bites that filled with cheese was the best thing ever. Bechamel sauce also know as white sauce really paired well with other ingredients. This dish was really flavorful and well-seasoned. The portion was just nice for breakfast! I recommend everyone to try this. MUST TRY!

I loved this cafe and everything was great here in every aspects. I will come and visit this cafe again in the future. Great job, Pulp team!

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.

Location:
Pulp by Papa Palheta Bangsar
29-01, Jalan Riong,
59100, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
(Besides Breakfast Thieves) 

Contact: +60322013650
Opening hours: Monday-Friday (7:30am-10pm)
                       Saturday-Sunday (9am-11pm)

Official website: http://www.papapalheta.com.my/
                          http://www.pulpcoffee.co/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram