Random Food Store @ Damansara Uptown

13:27

I don't usually go cafes at night time but I had to go this cafe at night because their kitchen only opens at 6pm. I went to this cafe right after I finished shopping in One Utama at around 9:30pm. This cafe consists of three different shops combined together. The shops are One Half, Buncit Bao Bar and Every Sundae. Three shops sell different stuffs and in random thus they came out with this cafe's name 'Random Food Store'. I tried One Half and Every Sundae before and I liked it!



The entrance of the cafe looked so hipster and instagrammable. I can see many people posted pictures of them with this red neon lights on Instagram. When I reached here, I can see people looking outside of the cafe and have no idea what shop this is. The exterior design is very unique and don't have obvious sign. You can get Every Sundae's ice cream from the window kiosk outside at the cafe. 


Their table setting was very different compared to other cafes. They only had one very long table for people to sit. I still remembered it was full house when I went on the second day of opening but I did not order anything that day.


The hand neon light and painting were the spotlights in this cafe. They were minimal and I really liked both of them. I was greeted by the One Half's owner when I stepped into the cafe.


Their own coffee machine was really pretty! One Half sells coffee so they were very serious about coffee. Barista was concentrating making the latte art to make sure it will turn out nice. The staffs were really friendly and came to our table to ask how was the coffee.


One Half sells hand brew too as you can see they have those equipment. They have a small kitchen to make baos. All the baos were handmade and steamed in that kitchen. More choices of flavors of bao will be created in the future!


You can buy the beans that they used to make hand brew. I tried their hand brew before and it was very acidic. I didn't like it at all. They sell three types of cakes in the cafe too.

Here's their menu. Their food price range is from RM9 onwards. Not only baos, they also sell gyoza too! There are a wide varieties of coffee you can choose from. If you don't like coffee, you can order their tea.
Here's the price for Every Sundae's ice cream. I tried their ice cream on my next visit. I personally like their charcoal vanilla orange flavor. Their ice cream comes with handmade charcoal cone.

Cappuccino (RM11) - I tired their cappuccino before and the taste was still the same. I liked how smooth and rich the coffee was. It was not acidic at all and I liked it. I liked their cup too hahah.


Chinese Roast Duck (RM9) - Steamed bao stuffed with sliced roast duck, housing sauce and ginger spring onion relish. The duck was tender and cooked perfectly. I felt that it was missing something and it did not has wow factor.

Star Fruit Smoke Paprika Chicken (RM9) - Steamed bao stuffed with smoke paprika grilled chicken, coriander, salsa verde and star fruit. I preferred this more than the duck bao. It was more flavorful and I liked how well the starfruit paired with everything. The chicken was juicy and good.

Raspberry loaf (Complimentary) - It was so nice of the boss for giving me this for free! He told me that this cake is from Jaslyn Cakes. I heard a lot of good reviews about Jaslyn Cakes but this cake was too buttery and not my cup of tea. 

How can you not have a pic with the red neon lights sign when you are here?

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.

Location:
Random Food Store Damansara Uptown
9, Jalan SS 21/37, 
Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya.
(Same row as Village Park Restaurant)

Contact: +60377331277
Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday-Sunday (8:30am-10:30pm)
                       Kitchen (6pm-10:30pm)
                       Buncit Bao Bar (Tuesday closed)

                https://www.facebook.com/onehalfco/
                 https://www.instagram.com/onehalf__/

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram