Ru Di Fook Noodle Bar @ Kota Damansara

13:00

Tired of hispter cafe food? Ru Di Fook is bringing wantan mee into another level! Ru Di Fook opened on early April this year and I can see many pictures on Instagram appearing here and there. Wantan mee is always one of my favorite dish and I cannot wait to try their wantan mee.



My friends and I decided to come here at 3pm to try out their wantan mee. It was not crowded because I went after lunch hour. I really liked the concept of this place because I can feel the Hong Kong vibes in this cafe.


They have a small room with a bigger table for family gathering. A group of family members was in this room and I can hear lots of laughter.


If you are an instagrammer, you will sure take photo with the white wall that have their shop name on it. I can see many people posted a picture with that wall all over the Internet.


The whole restaurant is well designed and they have big windows for natural lighting to shine into the cafe.


Their food price range is mostly around RM15. Their main dish in her is wantan mee but they serve small bites and desserts too. They also release a new dish once in a while. Feel free to check their Instagram for more updates. You should try their coffee because I heard that their barista won competition before.

Rose Latte (RM12.80) - I liked the coffee as it was not very acidic and the fragrance of rose was strong. Their rose latte was served with a piece of biscotti. The latte art looked way better when it arrived to my table and not like the one in the picture.


Wanton Mee (Dry) (RM15.80) - Egg noddles with fried wantan, mushrooms, half of Japanese egg and kailan. The noodles were fine and it was my liking while the egg and fried wantan were cooked perfectly. My friend said the kailan were hard but I found it okay. I felt that the noodles were too dry and I prefer the classic dry wantan mee that have black sauce in it. 


Wanton Mee (Soup) (RM15.80) - Egg noddles with wealthy wantan, half of Japanese egg and kailan served in hot broth. I preferred the soup wantan mee way more than the dry ones. I loved their soup wantan because it was filled with large shrimp and the shrimp was tender and cooked perfectly.

Ru Di Fook's Rojak (I forgot the price but I think it was around RM18) - Grilled spiced chicken, Chinese ramen, purple cabbage, boiled potato, fried tofu, cherry tomatoes and crispy noodle on top. I tried this dish during my second visit and I am not sure this dish is still available in the menu. I am not a fan of this dish but the flavors were nice and interesting.

Sorry to say this but I still prefer kopitiam's wan tan mee. However, I really liked the concept of this restaurant. Finding parking can be hard at this area, I suggest you to park in Sunway Nexis and it only takes around 4 minutes of walk to reach here.

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.

Location:
Ru Di Fook Noodle Bar Kota Damansara
2, Jalan PJU 5/4,
47810 Kota Damansara,
Kuala Lumpur, Selangor.

Contact: +037496 7103
Opening hours: Sunday-Thursday (11am-10pm) (Monday closed)
                        Friday-Saturday (11am-10:30pm)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram