Birch @ Damansara City Mall

13:00

Another popular restaurant has surfaced in DC Mall. I am sure most of the people including me come to DC Mall just to try out this place. I have been to this place for more than 5 times and I will tell you my reasons.




If I am not mistaken, this restaurant opened for half a month already and is opened by team behind Huckleberry. Their cakes and pastries are from Huckleberry and they are freshly baked everyday!


As you can see at the menu board, there are wide variety of cakes and pastries you can choose from. All the baked goods look really good especially their cakes. How can I not order them?


I am not surprised at all if this place is crowded all the time as the interior is super nice. Ambiance and environment are on point! There's not a single time that was not crowded when I visited this place.


This place have a bar to fulfill drinks lover too! I love how the top of the bar is decorated with green plants. You can even drink in the afternoon as the bar opens for whole day.



This glasshouse is my favorite part of this place! I always sat at this part during all my visits. I just love eating my food when surrounded by green plants. Every spots in this glasshouse are insta-worthy and I don't see a reason why you can't take good pictures here.

                
Here's their weekday breakfast and lunch menu.

Here's their weekend brunch menu. Weekday and weekends menu are only slightly different. Their food price range is mostly more than RM20. I expected the price range is around that by looking at the environment of this place.


Cappuccino (RM11) - I am not the best coffee drinker/judge but I feel that this cup of coffee was really not bad. The acidity and aroma was nice. Their latte art was really nice too. The price of the coffee is almost the same price compared to other cafes.

Elegant Earl Grey (RM10)




Birch Benedict (RM26) - Spicy pulled chicken, barbecue sauce, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce on toasted 7-grain sourdough, with charred cherry tomato and green salad on the side. NOT EVEN KIDDING, this is the best Egg Benedict I ever tried in my life. This is a must-order dish when you come here! The pulled chicken was really tender and the sauce was perfect. The barbecue sauce was not too sour or too sweet for me. The eggs were poached perfectly every time I ordered this. The sourdough bread had crispy crusts and soft bread-like texture. The portion of this dish was really good as it is not too small or too big.

Kimchi Fried Rice & Soft Shell Crab (RM29) - Brown rice, kimchi, poached egg, tempura soft shell crab and Korean hot sauce. This dish is just below average for my friend and I. I just felt that the soft shell crab was lack of seasonings and dry. The rice was just meh. However, the egg was pouched perfectly.

Avocado & Feta Toast (RM22) (Add poached egg- RM3) - Crushed avocado, Greek feta, roasted cherry tomatoes, red chilli, togarashi, herbs, micro greens and 7-grain sourdough. I did not try this as I do not like avocado but my friend said this was nice.

Birch Breakfast Burrito (RM25) - Scrambled eggs, spicy baked beans, smashed avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa and tortilla wrap. There's many flavors in the burrito but the combination of ingredients was not my liking. The taste was just weird to me but maybe other people will like it. The french fries and salsa were good tho.

Gooey Lasagna (RM24) - Pasta baked with beef ragu, turkey ham, mushrooms and bechamel sauce. My friend ordered this and I did not try it because I can't eat beef.


Lemon Ricotta Hotcakes (RM28) - Hotcakes with honeycomb butter, banana and maple syrup. I ordered this during my last visit and I have mixed feelings about this dish. The texture of hotcakes were a bit tough for me. I expect fluffy and soft hotcakes. However, the flavors were really nice.

Burnt Cheesecake (RM18) - This is another must-order when you are in Birch. I loved the texture of this cheesecake. It was like soft but still have the texture of a baked cheesecake. Does that make sense? Tokyo Restaurant's 6th Avenue Cheesecake was really light and soft completely but I liked it too. The taste was really amazing and I can finish it in 5 minutes. Based on my preference, I prefer this cheesecake more than 6th Avenue Cheesecake. I really want more of this burnt cheesecake!


Pain Au Choc (RM8) - I am disappointed with this pastry. There were not much chocolate in it and the chocolate taste was not strong at all. However, in term of just the pastry, the pastry were buttery and flaky and that's how I like it.

Overall, their prices may be at the higher end but the environment and service were great! I really love this place and I will plan my next visit soon with my friends.

  P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.

Location:
Birch Damansara City Mall
Lot G10/11, Ground Floor
Damansara City Mall, Jalan Damanlela, 
Damansara 50490 Kuala Lumpur.

Contact: +603 2011 5966
Opening hours:Monday–Thursday (9am-1am)
                      Friday–Saturday (9am-2am)
                      Sunday (9am-5pm)


Official website: http://birch.com.my/


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram