Chicken Up @ SS15 Subang Jaya

13:30

'Singapore's best Korean Fried Chicken' has finally landed in SS15! Chicken Up is the latest Korean food joint and it has attracted many Korean food lovers already. Korean food has becoming more and more popular and people are crazy about K-dramas.



I heard that this place is very crowded during dinner time and people must make reservation if not you need to wait an hour for your seat! I saw many pictures about this place on Internet and the food are making me drooling.


My friends and I reached here at 12pm and we expected it won't be crowded as we reached before lunch hour. 


There are two floors in this restaurant. I am glad there is second floor as more people can enjoy their food and people do not need to wait longer time for their table.


I really liked the plant decorations in this restaurant. The ambiance here is good too. If you love Korean fried chicken, I suggest you to come here!


The staffs were friendly and helpful. If you order the Snow Squid Topokki, the staff will help you cut it into smaller piece and cook the egg to make sure you have the best quality food.




Their food price is RM18 onwards and can go up to RM68. If you are not a fan of fried chicken, you can order spicy noodles, salad or even small bites. Chicken Up is really creative with the beverages menu. There are many types of drinks and they are really colourful. Most of the people just order from the Top 12 Best Selling Food that they stated on the menu.



Snow Squid Topokki (RM68) - A popular Korean street food made with soft rice cake, fish cake and vegetable seasoned with sweet red chilli sauce then topped with crispy fried whole squid and snow cheese. It is suitable for 3-4 persons. This dish was full of flavors and spiciness of the food in this dish were just right for me. One of my friends cannot eat spicy food and she said it was really spicy for her. I liked the crispy squid because it was well-seasoned and tasty! The corn was sweet and the steamed egg was cooked perfectly. The kimchi fried rice was spicy too but I felt that the rice can still be improved.

Their consistency of the cheese is more to liquid side and not thick. The staff told us that if you dipped the spicy fish cake and squid into the cheese, it will become less spicy. We tried what he said and it really became less spicy. The cheese sauce definitely won't make you feel 'jelak' after eating a lot. It was perfect for my friend that cannot eat very spicy food. I felt that the cheese taste is not strong and I prefer strong cheese taste. 


Ganjang(Soya) Chicken Wings (RM18) - Freshly deep fried chicken wings dipped in Chicken Up's special soya sauce blend. Disposable gloves were provided for convenient. Chicken wings gotta be my favourite dish among all the food I tried! It was crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside. My friend and I finished it in a really short time because it was finger-licking good. I think i can finish the whole basket of fried chicken wings all by myself. It is one of the best Korean fried chicken I ever eaten. If you are not interested in chicken wings, feel free to order their mega half chicken.

I really enjoyed all the food that served in Chicken Up. I am looking forward to try other food such as their bingsu and Yangpa Bomb! If you cannot find parking at the roadside, you can park at the car park at SS15 Courtyard which is just opposite Chicken Up. Don't forget to make reservation for dinner to avoid disappointment.

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.

Location:
Chicken Up SS15 Subang Jaya
No.7, 7-1, 7-2 Jalan SS15/4E,
47500 Subang Jaya, 
Selangor.
(Same row as Donutes)

Contact: +017-5779377
Opening hours: Monday-Thursday (11:30am-10:30pm)
                       Friday-Sunday (11:30am-11pm)

Official website: http://www.chicken-up.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram