Poke Bear @ Sunway Pyramid

14:57

Poke bowl is now the latest trend in town! More and more poke shops are opening in KL and everyone is in love with poke bowl. I like poke bowl and sometimes I will crave for it too. I don't think they are any shops that mainly sell poke bowl in Sunway Pyramid and this is the first shop.



Poke Bear opened two months ago and it is located opposite Starbucks. I went here when they just opened for a week only and they have 10% discount when you follow and like them on Instagram and Facebook. I am not sure whether this discount is still valid.


I reached here at around 12:30pm. There were not many customers yet because not many people knew about this poke shop. When it was around 1:30pm, many people started queuing up to buy their poke bowl! It is self service when you are in the shop. You need to order at the cashier and collect it yourself. Water and green tea were provided and can be taken behind the cashier counter.

Step 1: Choose your own poke style. You can pick your poke to be in a bowl(RM18) or wrap(RM15). Both styles are included with 1 base, 1 poke, unlimited sauce and toppings and 1 refillable drink.


Step 2: Pick your base. There are three options for you to choose as stated in the picture.


Step 3: Choose your sides. Here's the interesting part as the sides determine the taste of your poke bowl. There are many choices of sides you can choose from. You can choose 5 sides for bowl and 4 sides for wrap.


Step 4: Choose your poke! The main ingredient in a poke bowl. If you are not a fan of raw fish, go for the side poke which are tako or shrimp.


Step 5: Sauce time! 7 types of sauces are available for you to choose such as avocado, mentai, kimchi and more. I felt that some sauces were really special and they will pair  really well with your poke and other ingredients. 


Step 6: More toppings to add! Theses toppings are unlimited to add but special toppings need to charge RM2.50 each.

If you are lazy or do not want to build your own poke bowl, you can choose the three combinations that they had created. The price can be more expensive than building your own poke bowl.


Poke Bowl (RM18) - I built my own poke bowl! I got brown rice with salad as my base, mango, sweet corn, carrots, cherry tomatoes and walnuts as my sides. I am not a fan of raw fish, so I chose tako as my poke as shrimp was not available on that day. I picked mentai, miso and sesame dressing for my sauces. Then, I topped it off my poke bowl with ebiko, fried shallots, furikake, seaweed flakes and spring onion. I really liked this poke bowl! I liked how they were generous with the toppings and sauces. The texture of tako was nice and chewy. The poke was not dry at all as they gave enough of sauces. All of their ingredients were fresh and well prepared.

Overall, my friends and I had a great experience and we don't mind coming back here to eat their poke again! If you are a poke bowl lover like me, I recommend you all to try this shop too.

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.


Location:
Poke Bear Sunway Pyramid
LG1.110A, Blue Atrium,
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall,
3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway,
47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,
Malaysia.
(Opposite Starbucks towards Sunway Lagoon)

Contact: +6074940257
Opening hours: Monday-Sunday (10am-10pm)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram