Original Cake @ Sunway Velocity Mall

15:16

Original Cake from Taiwan finally opened in Malaysia and it is located at Sunway Velocity Mall, Cheras. Original cake is famous for their super fluffy and soft traditional egg sponge cake! People queue up for hours in Taiwan just to buy this cake. One of their signature cake is cheese flavor. Original cake sells many types of flavors in Taiwan.



I reached here at around 2:30pm and I was hoping there was no long queue since was weekdays but I was wrong. The queue was really long! I purposely came here just to try this famous cakes. I went here when they were having opening promotion which was really long ago.


Many boxes were ready for the cakes to be put in and staffs were busy checking the cakes to make sure the cakes were baked perfectly. One of the staffs told me that one cake needs 7 hours to cook if I am not mistaken and every 5 minutes one batch will be out.


The reason why the queue is very long because all the cakes came out right away from the oven! They baked two flavors in one cake so that people can buy both flavors and do not need to wait for another flavor of the cake. After one hour of queuing up, I finally bought my cakes!


When the cake came out from the oven, people started taking pictures and recording the the baker cutting the cake. It was really satisfying to look at how he cut the cake. He flipped the cake and used ruler to cut the cake to ensure every pieces were the same size.


Here are the prices for their both flavors of cakes. I heard that there are many flavors selling in Taiwan but there are only two flavors in Malaysia for now which are original and cheese flavors. Customers can only buy two cakes in a single receipt. 


Original Flavor (RM15) - Fluffy and soft egg sponge cake. Love how fluffy this cake was! This cake is not sweet and it had nice taste of egg and milk. However, This cake was pretty normal for me. I can buy this similar cake from pasar malam and do not need to queue up for hours.



Cheese Flavor (RM20) - Soft egg sponge cake with slices of cheddar cheese in between and cheese powder on top of cake. This was better than the original flavor. I liked how the saltiness of cheese enhanced the taste of egg and milk. I recommend you to eat the cake while it is still hot! 


I felt that these cakes have nothing to shout out about, maybe I had high expectations since it is really famous in Taiwan. It is not worth queuing up for hours just to buy this cake.

P.s This is based on my own preferences and my humble opinions. It may be different compare to other people.


Location:
Original Cake Sunway Velocity Mall
Lot 3-29, 3rd Floor,
Sunway Velocity Mall,

55100 Kuala Lumpur, 
Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
(Same row as Sushi Zamai)

Contact: +6016-996 9831
Opening hours: Monday- Sunday (10am-10pm)

Official website:http://www.originalcake.com.my/
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/originalcakemalaysia/
Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/originalcake.my/

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram